The European Union’s dynamic role, together with rising competition and administrative decentralisation, forces companies to seek adequate specialised support in their interactions with Public Administrations.
In this regard, STRATA provides the following assistance:
STRATA provides functional support aiding participation in tendering procedures, in particular:
- drawing up the content of notices, tender documents and invitations to tender;
- screening, from a substantive and formal point of view, the documentation to be submitted during the pre-qualification or awarding phase, highlighting all key factors thereof;
- assisting clients during the tendering and awarding phases and, in particular, drawing up the tender documents required for the adjudication and awarding of contracts for works and supplies, including analysing draft contracts and ensuring compliance with anti-mafia requirements.
Concerning the management of implementation projects, STRATA provides numerous services to facilitate the Client’s relations with stakeholders, including:
- advice and assistance resolving legal and administrative problems relating to the establishment of temporary groups, consortia and consortium companies; preparation of the necessary documentation; assistance in negotiations to draw up association agreements;
- assistance managing the internal affairs of temporary groupings, consortia and consortium companies and managing their relations with member firms, including performance of the secretariat duties of the governing bodies of such organisations;
- examination and drawing up of all the documents issued by the governing bodies of temporary groupings, consortia and consortium companies, including the examination and drawing up of their deeds of entrustment;
- advice and assistance resolving the legal, commercial, tax and administrative problems of temporary groupings, consortia and consortium companies.
STRATA’s services cover relations with the contracting party, in particular:
- Legal and administrative advice when drawing up contracts with the contracting party, including assistance at the time of signing;
- Analysis and drawing up of draft documentation and legal or administrative correspondence to manage relations with the contracting party (or grantor).
STRATA provides all the legal and administrative assistance needed to outline the various project phases. In particular, STRATA:
- reviews the preliminary, final and executive projects from a legal and administrative point of view, ensuring compliance with applicable legislation;
- provides assistance and support obtaining the environmental impact assessment;
- drafts (or reviews) administrative documents, with the exception of their technical parts;
- provides assistance with negotiations and with drawing up deeds of entrustment in the event of assignments being entrusted to third parties;
- provides advice and assistance in resolving specific legal, administrative and contractual issues arising during the projects planning phase.
If the Client is required to entrust the work to third parties, either in whole or in part, STRATA provides functional assistance:
- drawing up notices, tender documents and invitations to tender;
- analytically reviewing, from a substantive and formal point of view, the documentation submitted by undertakings or groupings during the pre-qualification or awarding phase, drawing up the selection criteria to be adopted, highlighting all key factors thereof, and compiling individual data sheets;
- setting up and managing a database to create and update lists of trusted firms and to manage the pre-qualification and tendering procedures;
- assisting clients during the tendering and awarding phases and, in particular, drawing up the tender documents required for the adjudication and awarding of contracts for works and supplies, including drawing up contracts and ensuring compliance with anti-mafia requirements.
STRATA provides highly specialised consultancy services in the field of works management, in particular:
- Management of administrative procedures, backed by a specialised support unit adequately manned as per agreements and able to assist the client’s relations with third parties, while drafting studies and opinions as necessary and investigating emerging issues in depth;
- Assistance and support to the Client in liaising with works managers, chief engineers and/or superintendents;
- Assistance and support to the Client in the event of their serving as the works manager; in particular, studying the documents involved (delivery reports, suspension, completion, submission, service instructions) and helping to draw up same; examination of accounting records and assistance in their preparation from a legal and administrative viewpoint and with regard to the interpretation of the contract; legal and administrative assistance for the resolution of problems arising in the course of works management;
- Assistance to the Client during testing, in particular when preparing testing documents, including reports on the legal and administrative aspects of testing;
- Examination of correspondence with subcontractors and third parties in general, and assistance formulating replies to specific requests;
- Processing price variation data to update or review prices and prepare revised tables;
- Processing data for the purpose of keeping the accounting records relating to the works;
- Processing data to control the work programme and budget and check any discrepancies;
- Updating and processing data relating to individual contracts, to be performed by preparing model record cards containing, for each contract, the structural and cost particulars and all the details serving to identify the state of progress of each project.
STRATA also provides services collateral to the execution and management of works. These include:
- Consultancy and assistance to the Client in relations with the bodies connected with the works (regional authorities, municipalities, ministries, fire departments, health authorities, superintendencies, etc.) with regard to the required approvals, building licences, authorisations and other permits, including every formality regarding the relocation of services, public and private rights of way, the unloading of supplies, etc.;
- Administrative management of expropriation procedures; applications, before the competent authorities, to issue occupation and expropriation decrees; assistance with entry into possession and determination of indemnities; examination of the conditions for the payment or deposit of indemnities;
- Handling procedures until a voluntary transfer is signed or an expropriation decree is issued.
At such a delicate phase, STRATA provides advice and assistance:
- to identify matters of fact and law on which to base any claims likely to be made against the contracting parties, including advice and assistance for the purpose of registering, updating, handling and analysing specific concerns;
- within the framework of any amicable agreements reached;
- to solve disputes before the Technical Advisory Board;
- in any non-judicial dispute brought by third parties against the company.
With regard to internal legal services, STRATA provides support:
- organising and structuring same, possibly outsourcing services externally;
- archiving proceedings and disputes;
- liaising with external lawyers in charge of any judicial dispute, to this end collecting and drawing up the material required for deeds and statements;
- drawing up opinions supporting the resolutions and decisions of the corporate bodies.